Noctua Games respects the privacy rights of our users and is committed to protecting the information collected through its products, services, and websites accessed through any internet-capable hardware platform including personal computers, mobile computers, smartphones, or in-game applications or any software platform including Online Services.
We are committed to protecting and respecting the personal information of everyone we deal with – that is important to us and we know it is important to you.
In this policy you will find information about what types of personal information we hold about you, how and why we collect it, how we use it, and how we keep it secure. You will also find the information about your rights and how you may exercise them.
Please read this policy carefully and if you need to contact us about anything that is in here, or for anything else related to your personal information, you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Information we hold will depend on our relationship with you, this may include the following:
We collect some information about you to enable you to play our games, to improve or optimize your gaming experience, to provide customer services, to improve the services we provide and for marketing (see below for more details):
- Your email address;
- Your username and password;
- Your game profile;
- Other data you choose to give us such as data to identify a lost account such as the answer to a special question we may ask you in order to permit you to unlock or recover a lost account;
- Your user account or role ID(s) – Noctua ID(s) generated by our game server for you;
- Analytics ID – a randomly generated anonymous identifier used to distinguish activity from one game account versus another;
- Usage data including information about how you use our website, products and services and your game progress;
- Your internet protocol (IP) address and mobile device identifiers (such as for example your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI);
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in games or click fraud in advertising);
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language;
- Marketing and communications data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences and it is at your full own discretion and control to adjust the settings on your device to turn off the function.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect this information in various ways depending on how we interact with you.
You may give us your ID, contact or other information by filling in online forms or by corresponding with us by post, in-game, or email. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Use our products or services;
- Create a game account in one of our games or website;
- Interacting with our Customer Services;
- Participate in a competition or survey;
- Send a feedback;
- We may receive personal data from a third party. if you link it with the Service or make it available to us via your privacy settings.
- Technical data from advertising networks and search information providers.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Different information will be used in different ways:
- Send you informations related to our services and products;
- Answer your enquiries or feedback;
- Providing and managing our services including our games;
- Allow you to participate in our features;
- Verify and confirm payments;
- User account verification;
- Direct marketing about products and services that may be of particular interest to you;
- Administering surveys and opinion polls;
- Managing competitions and/or promotions and your registration for the same;
- Technical and usage analytics to help us develop services that our customers want to use and improve them
- Detect cheating and any other illegal activities that ruin the experience of players using our games such as security risks, fraudulent activity;
- Business analysis and improvement;
- The provision of social features as part of our services;
- Customizing your personal experience;
- Send you information such as updates, security and support messages;
- On-site and in-app advertising and promotion of our goods and services and those of our service providers and trusted third parties;
- Website, system administration and account verification;
- Leaderboards, Discord and community information, and nicknames;
- Moderate communications between players;
- Answer or satisfy legal or regulatory requirements; and
- When you interact with third party social networking features to serve you with advertisements and engage with you on third party social networks (we encourage you to review the privacy notices/policies of these social networks to enable you to opt out of such activities).
There are different legal grounds for processing personal information. Which one is applicable will depend on how and for what purpose we use your information. In the majority of cases this condition will be that:
- You provided your consent to us using your personal information in that way (for example: you provide us with consent to send marketing communications about our products and services); and/or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to manage your account); and/or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation.
We do not collect and/or process ‘special categories’ of personal data, for example: Information regarding your health condition, religious or political beliefs, ethnic background, sexual life and sexual orientation.
Personal information you provide to us may be shared with a third party company or service provider if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your inquiries or any purposes described within this policy. This may include:
- Our business partners and suppliers;
- Sub-processors that store or process information on our behalf, in particular data analytics providers and data storage providers. Information shared with such providers is supplied in an anonymised format such that, that data cannot be linked to any particular individual and is therefore not considered to be ‘personal data’;
- Our auditors, insurers, lawyers and other professional advisers;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so;
- Other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Social features are a core component of our games. Other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, in-game activities and read the messages you have posted.
Our games and services may include features from our partners, if any, such as social media interaction tools (and albeit not currently, in the future may also relate to in-game advertising). These partners, if any, may in such a case, following your consent, access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices and opt out where you deem relevant.
You have rights to your personal data and we respect and honor these rights and will help you to exercise them insofar as we are able.
You have the right:
- To rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- To ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
Any request from you to rectify or delete your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavor to respond within a reasonable period.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, you have the option to fully control the data you shared with us, and you may update your information directly under your profile or adjust the settings on your device.
If you accept or have accepted to receive notifications for a certain game, we may use your personal information to send you tailored suggestions, offers or information about the game. You can easily turn off the notification by opting out from receiving notifications or alerts on your device.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
It is our commitment to ensure your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or information disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, digital and managerial procedures to secure information that we collect from you. However, since the internet is not a completely secure environment we cannot guarantee that information you transmit via our Games will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, and requests regarding this policy are welcomed. You can reach us at email@example.com.
Changes we make to this policy will be posted on this page and notified to you by in-game message. We recommend you to check regularly for updates or changes to our policy.